Saturday, September 8, 2012

Mawiage Mawiage Is Vat Bwings Us Togever Today

Or rather the engagement pictures of one very cute couple. Is it sad that I'm a little freaked out that it only took them a month to get engaged? That's not hereditary is it? Because I don't know if I'm going to be ready for engagement in a year and three months. Or ever. Marriage is scary. Am I the only one who thinks this? It's not that I won't totally love the person. Because I'm sure I will. But it's a little intimidating to think that I'm even close to old enough to be married. I can remember walking into Millcreek Junior High my first day of seventh grade and all the butterflies I had. When I think of myself I still think of that socially awkward little twelve year old girl. I don't think of a grown old enough to pop out kids adult. I just want to be twelve again and not have to worry about these things! Sigh. No one understands how this feels and they all make fun of me. But this has stressed me out for a few months and seeing those so totally adorable pictures of one of the cutest couples I know kind of just cemented it into my brain. I am not a little girl. I am an adult who makes adult decisions. And someday one of those decisions will be whom to marry and when and where. And though I am very excited for that day I am a little freaked out about it. And you know that is okay. I've decided that it is alright to be scared and nervous to get married. And I might be scared and nervous up until the day I get married, maybe even after. But as long as I know it's the right decision it won't matter, because love is scary. Eternity is a long time and maybe if I wasn't scared to make that decision I wouldn't be so set on making sure it was the right one. So I can be freaked out, and you can all make fun of me for it, and that's okay.
                                                 -Still screaming inside, Felicia.

No comments:

Post a Comment