Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mourning the End of Ballroom. . .and Praying None of the Guys from Class Find This . . .

Long-anticipated, today was the final day of Spring 2012 Tuesday-Thursday classes.  While this was overall a day of celebration -- it being the very last day EVER that Kaitin and I had to attend creative arts, and likewise the end of mine and Felicia's stats class -- I'm having a moment of mourning for the end of ballroom. 
If I'm to be completely honest, I have to acknowledge that this mourning is centered around my not being able to see the attractive guys in my ballroom class twice a week anymore.  Yes, I'll miss learning the various social dances for the sake of learning them (Adam is an awesome teacher!), but mostly, I'm just going to miss the people. ..er, boys.  I'll miss doing crazy steps I hadn't learned yet with Kyle, wondering what on earth Josh was doing and trying to figure out what was wrong with me when I couldn't follow the best dancer in the class, laughing with Chris, talking about random stuff with Trent, looking like an idiot pretending to be a man while in a skirt (long story. . .) and mostly, flirting with Cameron and him flirting back and for him simply being the first guy to take any notice of me in awhile (he-who-need-not-be-named doesn't count!).
Having completed the full semester of ballroom (instead of dropping out like half the class. . .), I can now fudge my way through a variety of social dances, and I feel safe saying I'm well on my way to mastering the art of flirting while still managing to follow my partner's leads.  It makes me feel very accomplished :)
And, on a random note. . .I had no idea how loved I was until I read the last two blogs posts.  To continue the expressing-appreciation-over-the-blog-even-though-we-all-live-in-the-same-apartment trend . . . thanks guys! 
Just realized that I'm anonymous and the guys from ballroom will never know it was me posting,
Allerednic Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment